Recruiting a student or graduate
We provide a full, mainly free recruitment service for managing your vacancies, tailored to your needs:
- Work with you to help write job descriptions and adverts
- Advertise permanent graduate vacancies, short or medium term placements/ interships, part time temporary work and voluntary roles
- Provide a shortlisting service, if required
- Host interviews and assessment centres on campus, if required
There are several ways in which students and graduates can contribute to your businesses:
- Permanent graduate vacancies
- Industrial or sandwich placements – longer term, paid work placements, generally around 12 months, for undergraduate students
- Internships – short to medium term paid employment, including vacation work, ideal for projects, for undergraduate students or graduates
To discuss how we can help with graduate roles, placements or internships, please call us on 01332 592939
- Part time/ casual work – if you’re looking for students to work on a temporary basis during their studies. To discuss how we can help with part time or casual roles, please call us on 01332 591830
We do not advertise vacancies that require any type of upfront cost including flights, visas, etc. (even where reimbursed).
We also do not advertise any unpaid roles, or roles that fall under the National Minimum Wage, unless from a registered charity/ non-profit organisation.
Once you're logged in to CareerHub you'll be able to submit your own vacancies online, where all current University of Derby students and recent graduates will be able to see and apply for them (your vacancies will be verified by the Careers and Employment Service so may not always be immediately visible to users)